- What I Learned Building the Apple Store - Ron Johnson - Harvard Business Review - Great post on retail.
- On a rainy Sunday morning, I sent Lisa off to get... | The Youngest Bain EVER! - Cute video of my buddy and his little boy.
- Bezos Gone Wild! Amazon Selling Every Non-iPhone Smartphone for One Penny - Amazon taking aim at Apple, and making a little cash from the Mobile Operators in the process. No doubt they are getting a cut of the consumer/phone subscription revenue.
- Amazon will take over Android app distribution - seems like Amazon has a real shot here.
- Anxious Revolution - Kedrosky - interesting glimpse into America's psyche.
- When Google comes calling... - terrific advice from Seth Godin
- FT Alphaville » Randomness and the lost lesson of Bill Miller - He beat the S&P 500 stock index 15 years in a row and was a living legend. Interesting way to think about probability as the article explores the odds that someone should have beat the index 15 years in a row.
- Octopus Crawls Out of Water and Begins Walking on Land [Video] : TreeHugger - pretty neat. Can't you imagine our ancestors crawling out of the water hundreds of thousands of years ago?
- Who owes what to whom in Europe - Flowing Data
- The newsonomics of Amazon’s Prime moves » Nieman Journalism Lab - Amazon Prime is one of the reasons I spent hundreds of dollars on Black Friday at Amazon. Brilliant business move. Amazon is a fixed cost business and is all about pushing volume. Prime helps that immensely.
- The genesis of Virgin Atlantic - Great story.
- The Loneliness of the Long-Distance Pornographer - Lisanti is the best.
- Walmart’s Healthcare Opportunity - Wal-Mart could make amazing things happen to healthcare in U.S.
- Red Solo Cup: How Solo’s disposable drink vessel became an American party staple. - Slate Magazine - I always wondered why red, plastic cups were the container of choice at frat parties.
- The Last Time I Saw Steve Jobs - Great little story.
- Safety First | Mystical Photography by Frederic Larson - breathtaking photo of the bridge
- Polaris behind Trees - beautiful photo
Sunday, November 27, 2011
Sunday Brunch - November 27, 2011
Enjoy the links.