- Siri Argument by College Humor - Amazing
- A History of the Sky - Kottke.org - Watched this last night. Mesmerizing and it's from one of my favorite places in SF.
- My New Nest Thermostat - Blogging Barretts - my buddy wrote a great review of the Nest. I've been waiting to see how my friends like it and it looks like a big yes.
- All Hail the Freshman - Grantland - An article on Rookies in the NFL, but it seems like everywhere you look, young people are doing terrific things.
- Tournament of Muppets - They're the best
- This 28 Year Old is Making Sure Credit Crards Won't Exist in the Future - Huge trend here and lot's of people going after it. Everywhere I go it seems I'm paying through an iPad POS systems and soon my iphone will be my credit card. Will I still get miles?
- Designing a Product is... - via Signals vs. Noise - great quote from the Steve Jobs book.
- Understanding the Emotion of Loss - Kellogg School of Management - People hate losing things, I mean really hate it. The pain of losing greatly outweighs winning and this is what keeps most people on the sidelines. If you know this is your (everyone's) natural tendency, then it's a lot easier to overcome.
- When Minimum Viable Product Doesn't Work - Seth's Blog - MVP is one of the cornerstones of a new wave of product development, and it's incredibly valuable. But sometimes it doesn't work and Seth points out exactly why.
- Togrog - Adventures in Capitalism - Mongolia is an interesting investment opportunity. Incredibly risky, but a fascinating emerging market because of its resources and proximity to China.
- Drinkify - genius idea. You type in the song you are listening to, and it recommends the appropriate drink.
- How Does Sony Make Money? Insurance - another sign that the financial services industry has become too big.
- Grass Walkers - Daily Dose of Imagery - Cool
Sunday, November 20, 2011
Sunday Brunch - November 20, 2011
Links are a little late today. Lazy day in Donner. :)