One of the reasons I love writing this blog is that it serves as a journal for what I'm thinking about. I can't wait to go back and read the blog five, ten or fifty years later. Blogging is one of the best things you can do for yourself. I highly recommend it. If you are reading this, you should start your own today, right now.
I was just taking a minute to reflect in the middle of a busy day. I've lived a very fortunate life and I'm incredibly thankful. The best things in my life are:
- My incredible friends.They had a birthday party for me yesterday. There's a picture of me before they arrived yesterday on my Birthday Beer post.
- My girlfriend, Vanessa, is a wonderful person. I'm very lucky to be with her!
- My family is great. They are super supportive and fun to be around. The next generation is growing up around me and they are great kids.
- I work with terrific people at a job I love at Lighthouse Capital.
- The work we do on Ben's Friends is incredibly rewarding and has given my life a lot of meaning. I've met thousands of new friends through Ben's Friends, and I think that will increase exponentially in the future.
The last 35 years have been awesome. I hope I get another 35 and leave my mark on the world.