- Occupy Everything - Nevver - my kind of Occupy movement.
- Questions for a New Entrepreneur - Seth Godin - great set of questions for people evaluating a new idea. People ask me about their new ideas all the time - which is a total blast. I usually end up asking them these kinds of questions. It helps them figure out their direction.
- When A Friend Calls Me From the Road... - 37 Signals - Robert Frost is one of my favorite poets. Friendship and Community are so important.
- The Best Statistics Question Ever - Flowing Data - This is hilarious and somehow true. A few years ago I passed the CFA III despite having to blindly guess on about 15 (out of 120) questions. I'm convinced that I passed because I got lucky on a couple guesses.
- Platypus Playing Keytar - Flowing Data - made me laugh. What can I say?
- Madonna on Magazine Covers - Kottke - She's probably the best marketer of the 80's.
- Trolling ZocDoc - Meaghano - This made me laugh out loud. ZocDoc is Open Table for Doctors (disclosure - Lighthouse is an investor in ZocDoc).
- The Next Disruptive iPhone Feature - Makes a ton of sense.
- Sincerely Raises $3M - Postagram, made by Sincerely, is one of my top 5 iphone apps, because it allows me to send a picture postcard so simply. It's great for Thank You's and remembering a special moment with friends.
- Eye Candy for Tourists - Mystical Photography - Beautiful
- Netflix's Plan to Kill the DVD is Working - SplatF - Not sure this is their real goal. It's actually to build the digital subscriber base. However, I think after this massive period of self induced customer churn is over, the market will realize they have still have a massively valuable subscriber base. (disclosure - I bought some stock this week for my personal account. please make your own investment decisions :))
Sunday, October 30, 2011
Sunday Brunch - October 30, 2011
It's another spectacular weekend in San Francisco but my NFL survivor teams are playing this morning, so I'm watching some football. Hope you enjoy the links.