- Groupon is a Ponzi Scheme (Knewton Blog)
- Bon Iver: I Can't Make You Love Me (Bijan Sabet)
- Can Bill Simmons Win the Big One? (NY Times)
- Take Advantage of the Power of Your Older Blog Posts (DIY Marketers - Healy Jones)
- When Does Paid Acquisition Work for Startups (Andrew Chen's Blog) - Note: these are the exact kind of things that I look at when investing in Internet Startups. Customer Acquisition cost and retention stats that tell you Lifetime Value of the Customer take a lot of the guesswork out of the equation.
- An Open Letter to the Gentleman Drying... (mature audiences only - McSweeney's)
- The Arctic Light (Papilicious)
- The Way I Work: David Karp (Founder of Tumblr) - (Inc Magazine)
- How We Describe Ourselves According to Online Dating Profiles (Flowing Data)
- The One Big Story and the Next One (Andrew McAfee)
- Storytelling: An Interview with Nicholas Feltron (Rhizome via Alex Bain Favorites)
Sunday, June 5, 2011
Sunday Soup - 6/5/2011
Another addition of the Sunday Soup, where I just highlight interesting articles with very little, or no commentary. I got some encouraging feedback last week, thanks.